Re: 1.5.18-1 Segfault on setup postinstall

> I left the install running overnight....still no progress...

Part of your problem is explained by this:
> Not Found: sh

/etc/postinstall/00ash.sh tries to set up a working /bin/sh.  If that
fails, then everything else is suspect.

> Apparently its not cygcheck that crashes but id.exe:
>
>       3 [main] id 2792 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>   18910 [main] id 2792 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
> id.exe.stackdu
> mp
> garbled output from `id' command - no uid= found

Figuring this out might help.  Can you run 'strace -o strace.out id'
and attach strace.out to your reply, to see if something obvious
in id.exe or cygwin1.dll is reading bad memory?  You may also
want to try reinstalling coreutils, in case id.exe is corrupt.

> I have also checked my PATH  and set it to the basic PATHs of windows
> only so as to make sure no similar commands are on the path (which didnt
> help).

While not exactly wrong to change your PATH just before running
cygcheck, it is a bit counterintuitive since part of cygcheck's purpose
is to diagnose PATH problems in your current PATH.

--
Eric Blake