Re: cygwin forgets CTRL key press

Luke Kendall wrote:
Has anyone else noted that in vi (either in a plain Cygwin window or in
an rxvt window, in an X session or not, also in xterm), that if you hold
down the CTRL key and press keys at intervals (like F to page down
through a file), and wait four seconds before another key press it's as
if you don't have CTRL pressed at all?  You have to release it and press
afresh.

The same applies to "more": hold CTRL down and press f, and it beeps at
you to indicate that's invalid; still hold CTRL down, wait 4 seconds,
then press f again, and it pages forward.

FWIW, I just checked on my system (Windows 2003 Server, sticky-keys off), and can't reproduce it, even using times far longer than 4 seconds. (I also can't reproduce Igor's claim that Windows will offer to turn on sticky-keys if I hold down a modifier key too long.)

Have you confirmed that this is only happening with Cygwin, and not with things like Notepad?

- Brooks