Re: Bug in tcltk's glob

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 12:25:10PM +0200, Sebastian Schuberth wrote:

sorry for mailing to you directly, but so far no one responded to my
'1.5.18: tclsh's glob and relative paths containing ".."' mail on the
Cygwin mailing list. Here's a copy:

Please check out the project web page for links to available information and ports: http://cygwin.com/ .

If you don't see what you need there, then the cygwin mailing list is
the best place to make observations or get questions answered.
Information on the mailing list is available at the project web page.

For your convenience, I've reset the Reply-To: address to point to the
cygwin mailing list.  I've also Cc'ed this reply there.

I'm sorry but I do not see how the information available on the Cygwin site is able to help me. There is no more recent version of tcltk available from the ports site than the one that ships with Cygwin, and that version is from 2003.

So I tried to find out who maintains the tcltk package for Cygwin, and that turned out to be you (see your post on cygwin.applications). So I'd like to kindly ask to if you can privide a never tcltk package which hopefully solve the bug in glob I currently see. Here's the bug again:

--(snip)--
puts stdout [glob ../common/*.cpp]

For some reason this returns *absolute* paths to the matching files, e.g.

d:/Development/common/test.cpp

instead of the expected

../common/test.cpp

Using ActiveTcl (under Windows) and under Linux the script works as expected.
--(snip)--

--
Sebastian Schuberth
(remove "NOSP" and "M" from my e-mail address)