RE: use a NAS-drive in cygwin

----Original Message----

  You didn't actually _try_ this before attempting to correct me, did you?
I do this kind of thing a dozen times a week, specifically because I want to
connect to a share with a different user ID than what I'm logged into the
domain under.  Trust me: if it didn't work, I would have noticed.

dk@mace ~/dosfstools/dosfstools-2.11/mkdosfs> net use \\\\ulupica\\SCRATCH
/U:ARTIMI_CAM\\Administrator
The password or user name is invalid for \\ulupica\SCRATCH.

Enter the password for 'ARTIMI_CAM\Administrator' to connect to 'ulupica':
The command completed successfully.

dk@mace ~/dosfstools/dosfstools-2.11/mkdosfs> whoami
dk

   LOOK MA!  NO ASTERISK!!          :)

[  If you don't supply an asterisk or a password, it attempts to use your
own login p/w, and then prompts you when that fails.  If your own login p/w
happens to match the one of the user you're trying to connect to the
resource as, hey, you just saved yourself some typing!  ]

    cheers,
      DaveK