This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
solution to cygwin error: Win32 error 487 bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
- From: <john dot wei at nokia dot com>
- To: <tero_niemela at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:31:33 -0500
- Subject: solution to cygwin error: Win32 error 487 bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
I saw your post on the web. I have the same problem for the past two days. Error is as follows:
After installing cygwin on Window2000, I have following error after opening cygwin:
1033 [main] bash 2164 fork_copy: linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed, 0x66D000.
.0x66D020, done 0, windows pid 1216, Win32 error 487
bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
I tried many solutions with no help including:
1) make sure cygwin1.dll has only one copy on the machine.
2) install different versions, different selections
3) rebaseall in the bash. (bash is totally useless except for few commands).
Finally I got a solution which it works:
rebaseall: only ash processes are allowed during rebasing
Exit all Cygwin processes and stop all Cygwin services.
Execute ash from Start/Run... or a cmd or command window.
Execute '/bin/rebaseall' from ash.
Hope it could help others to solve the same problem.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html