Re: ATTN: g++ maintainer: Using string instances to pass arguments to dlls

Pavel Tsekov wrote:

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, James R. Phillips wrote:

Does fixing this bug require upstream intervention, or can you just develop a
patch, and submit it to upstream?

If it is only the std::string implementation that uses the described
optimization the problem can be worked around by just rebuilding libstdc++
with _GLIBCXX_FULLY_DYNAMIC_STRING defined. If other classes provided by
libstdc++ use similiar techniques the best solution would be to get
libstdc++ built as shared library which according to Charles Wilson is
unfortunately a "hard problem" :(

I'll try to rebuild libstdc++ now with _GLIBCXX_FULLY_DYNAMIC_STRING
defined and will report back if there is interest. I would like to help
to get this issue resolved.

Yes, much appreciated. Please CC me when you report back!

Gerrit
--
=^..^=