Re: Simple cygwin script doesn't work with Windows schedular/Command prompt

On Nov 15, 2005, at 5:58 PM, Pandey, Sunil K wrote:

I have a very simple shell script say test.csh

$cat test.csh
#!/bin/csh
set x = "Some name"
echo $x > /tmp/xyz

When I ran this script in cygwin shell it works fine.

$cat /tmp/xyz
Some Name

However when I try to launch the same script with windows scheduler via
following command line it doesn't work.

Scheduler command line

C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -l -e /tmp/test.csh
Try using csh instead of bash

I also tried above command on Windows command prompt still doesn't work.

It creates a blank xyz file. Most probably set command is not working.
Not sure how to fix this script. Any help/hack will be much-much
appreciated.

Thanks.
Sunil