This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Redirect SSHD messages from Application to Security log in Win2k
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:18:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: Redirect SSHD messages from Application to Security log in Win2k
- References: <loom.20051130T010840firstname.lastname@example.org> <438E32E4.FEAE0875@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Nov 30 15:16, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Listmail wrote:
> > 2) I would like the ssh messages to go to the Security log, as it is
> > empty now and seems like a logically named place for these events.
> > The application log is getting full quickly by ssh logon/logoff
> > messages.
> This is not possible without modifying the syslog code in cygwin, and
> even then I don't know if regular applications can log to the security
It can't. MSDN documents that the Security log is for system use only
and that an application trying to register for this log fails:
Makes sense, after all sshd is just an application.
Why not use syslogd instead?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html