This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Issues Upgrading Octave and Octave-Forge
- From: "James R. Phillips" <antiskid56-cygwin at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:50:30 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Issues Upgrading Octave and Octave-Forge
- Reply-to: antiskid56-cygwin at yahoo dot com
For those that are upgrading octave and octave-forge to the newest releases, be
certain that you are not using octave at the time of the upgrade, otherwise the
installation may not update files that are in use, resulting in a partial
If you get a 2.1.71 version message upon loading 2.1.72, this has happened to
you. Quit all octave sessions, and reinstall the upgrades.
Note also that to compile .oct files, you need to use gcc 3.3.3. Both octave
and octave-forge are compiled using this version.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html