This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to improve scp speed?
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:00:32 -0800
- Subject: Re: How to improve scp speed?
- References: <email@example.com> <BAY105-F2693514CAA56EEF86ECAC3E9480@phx.gbl> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <438D6EE0.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <438E30CB.4327D914@dessent.net> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Cary Jamison wrote:
> Ok, I probably am. But, you wouldn't expect the buffer tuning to make such
> a big difference, either, since a fast processor can surely move data around
> in memory several times faster than it can move it over the net. All these
> things add up, though....
The window size has nothing to do with the local CPU and everything to
do with the bandwidth * latency product of the link.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html