This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.18: commands don't work after Cygwin update
- From: "H. S." <hs dot samix at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:48:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: 1.5.18: commands don't work after Cygwin update
- References: <438F83CC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Shaun Gittens wrote:
I just upgraded Cygwin on Windows XP. The previous version I was
running (I installed it in Jan 2005) worked fine. Now, post-upgrade,
almost no commands work at the prompt of the bash shell.
bash: ls: command not found
bash: cygcheck: command not found
bash: gcc : command not found
Running setup.exe went off without a hitch for the most part. I'm not
sure what could have gone wrong in the upgrade. Any ideas why this
won't work all of a sudden?
Thank you for your time.
Do the above commands exit? Verify by going into cygwin bin dir using
If they do, have you set the PATH variable correctly to point to cygwin
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html