This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: interoperability between samba, linux-cifs, cywgin and sfu
- From: Martin Koeppe <mkoeppe at gmx dot de>
- Cc: samba-technical at lists dot samba dot org, linux-cifs-client at lists dot samba dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:19:25 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: interoperability between samba, linux-cifs, cywgin and sfu
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
[please cc me on replies]
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Martin Koeppe wrote:
8. CreateHardLink() Windows API [cygwin] [ActivePerl]
The CreateHardLink() Windows API function isn't apparently able to create
hardlinks on network drives, whereas with the sfu ln utility, you can. Both
C:\sfu\common\ln.exe and C:\sfu\bin\ln work, where the former seems to call
the latter internally. As CreateHardLink() is used by cygwin (and ActivePerl,
too), you cannot with these.
I just verified that CreateHardLink() works correctly on network
drives, IF you use WinXP or Win2003. I tested successfully WinXP-SP2
On Win2000-SP4 however, it does not work. :-(
Thank you, Corinna.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html