This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Hard links on a UDF file system
- From: Jason Pearce <jason dot pearce at ieee dot org>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Hermann dot Schinagl at gmx dot net
- Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:36:31 +0000
- Subject: Re: Hard links on a UDF file system
This is just a post back from my earlier question.
I discovered that my "direct to disc" utility creates a UDF file system
on my DVD burner. I never realised these utilities used something of a
standard... Anyway that allowed me to experiment with UDF on my XP machine.
XP has the fsutil functions (that were not available under Win2K with
the REV drive was)
So after formatting the disc with UDF I gave it a try and discovered
that it truly is windows that imposes the restriction
[/cygdrive/e]$ fsutil hardlink create link file
The FSUTIL utility requires a local NTFS volume.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html