This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc 3.4.4: stl's uninitialized bug
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 15:38:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.4.4: stl's uninitialized bug
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Iván Nieto wrote:
> Building a Cygwin project of mine with gcc 3.4.* issues some warnings
> I haven't been able to eliminate completely. I'm using gcc 3.4.4 with
> Cygwin 1.5.18, under Windows 98SE.
This looks like PR22207: <http://gcc.gnu.org/PR22207>.
From what I can tell, this is unlikely to ever be fixed because:
- it only occurs on SJLJ targets, while the majority of targets these
days use DW2 EH and are not affected
- it only occurs on the 3.x branch (which is essentially closed for
everything but regressions), not 4.0, 4.1, or the trunk
- it's only a diagnostic problem, and only affects a build with -Werror
- it can be turned off with -Wno-uninitialized
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html