This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gzread, gzdopen, gzclose not found
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:10:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: gzread, gzdopen, gzclose not found
- References: <BAY104-F240EC9BD932A0C95836D7AD4E0@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Robert Body wrote:
> Building Libs/libclanApp.so
> Libs/libclanCore.a(datafile_inputprovider.o): In function
There's still not enough information. You need to find out what command
this makefile is running that is causing the error. And then modify it
to have -lz in the correct location.
On cygwin the output file should be cygclanApp.dll, not libclanApp.so,
so that right there tells me that this makefile probably hardcodes such
things, which means that it is probably not portable and was likely hand
written by someone who has no concept of any other *nix than linux. WHy
can't people just use libtool?
You should try asking these questions on the clanlib mailing list /
forum / whatever.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html