This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot (problem with getline?)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:19:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot (problem with getline?)
- References: <20051130171137.GE2999@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 5 11:06, Nenad Antic wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote, on 11/30/2005 6:11 PM:
> >1.5.19 has also some new functionality over 1.5.18. If you have sources
> >which take advantage of that stuff if present, we're also interested in
> >getting feeedback about those:
> > - getline, getdelim.
> I mentioned this when struggling with my mod_perl issues a few weeks
> back. Building apache worked without any hassles before (whenever I
> tried) and also as late as 1.5.18. However now (tried snapshot 20051201
> last) this happens:
> gcc -c -I../os/cygwin -I../include -DCYGWIN -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP
> -DUSE_HSREGEX -DSHARED_CORE `../apaci` htpasswd.c
> htpasswd.c:101: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
> /usr/include/sys/stdio.h:31: error: previous declaration of 'getline'
> was here
That's a problem with the package. Two possible causes:
- Either the mod_perl packages has no configure check for getline and
just tries to use its own version in htpasswd.c on some platforms,
in this case such a test should be added,
- or you tried to rebuild the package without configuring again.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html