Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:58:41 -0700
From: Cary Jamison <Cary_Jamison@Symantec.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: font

In dmo3u0$1os$1@sea.gmane.org">news:dmo3u0$1os$1@sea.gmane.org,
Andrew DeFaria typed:
Cary Jamison wrote:

I'm always surprised at how many people recommened using rxvt. I use
it once in a while, but there's just too many things I do don't work
right unless I'm using the regular Win32 console. Output is delayed
until the
process exits, input is ignored, etc., etc.

Too many things? Other than I/O (which I agree is important) of certain Windows only programs what else does rxvt do wrong?

I didn't say rxvt does anything wrong, I said there are 'too many things *I* do' that don't work right. Yes, it's all I/O related, but I'm often running windows scripts and programs as part of my normal tasks that don't work right with xterm/rxvt/etc. If I were doing pure Cygwin development, then I'm sure I would have few problems.

Cary