This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "John W. Eaton" <jwe at bevo dot che dot wisc dot edu>
- To: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 01:14:13 -0500
- Subject: octave-forge dependency?
- References: <4395276B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 6-Dec-2005, Charles Wilson wrote:
| Why does package octave-forge depend on tetex-bin? As far as I can
| tell, octave-forge contains .oct and .m files, and few text and info
| files -- nothing there should need TeX. I use MikTeX so I don't want to
| have cygwin-TeX installed, but this octave-forge dependency pulls in the
| whole mess for no good reason...
Octave uses makeinfo to format docstrings.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html