This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: command-line archiver that understands Windows ACLs?
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:52:36 -0800
- Subject: Re: command-line archiver that understands Windows ACLs?
- References: <439600F2.9020600@IcanFixYourEmail.com>
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 01:21:54PM -0800, Mark McWiggins wrote:
> I'm working with a company that deploys tar files from Unix to Windows
> where the
> Windows administrators set their directories up with various ACLs.
> Cygwin's default TAR program destroys these ACLs when files are unpacked
> these directories.
What do you mean "destroys"? tar changes the ACLs on the directories?
Or just creates files that don't inherit their directory's ACLs?
If the latter, does setting CYGWIN=nontsec help?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html