This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Hang with 20051205 snapshot while building OOo
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:15:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: Hang with 20051205 snapshot while building OOo
- References: <43970AD1.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 05:16:17PM +0100, Volker Quetschke wrote:
>We got some new features in the hangs with the 20051205 snapshot
>when building OOo.
>This trace looks a little bit different from the old versions,
>see thread around <http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-10/msg00600.html>,
>but it still hangs.
It looks different because I took out all of the debugging strace
output that I added to try to track this down.
I'm convinced that the hang is coming from timeGetTime. That's a
Windows routine and there's not much I can do if a windows routine
decides to take a long time to return.
So, in other words, I'm admitting defeat in this case, especially since
this isn't a regression from 1.5.18.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html