This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: exim 4.54-1 and broken symlinks
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: "Krzysztof Duleba" <krzysan at skrzynka dot pl>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 10:25:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: exim 4.54-1 and broken symlinks
- References: <email@example.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Krzysztof Duleba"
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:36 AM
Subject: exim 4.54-1 and broken symlinks
There's something wrong with exim package and exim-config. It creates
/usr/sbin/sendmail.exe, which links to /bin/exim.exe, which doesn't exist.
There is /bin/exim, which links to /bin/exim-4.54-1.exe, but Cygwin .exe
magic doesn't apply here, so programs depending on /usr/sbin/sendmail
(like pine) doesn't work. Renaming /bin/exim to /bin/exim.exe fixed the
Hum, I just installed the latest exim on a new machine and can't reproduce
what you describe. exim-config created
lrwxrwxrwx 1 p-humblet sw 13 Dec 8 10:10 /usr/sbin/sendmail ->
(no .exe anywhere) , as one would expect from the line
ln -s -f /usr/bin/exim /usr/sbin/sendmail &&
Could there be a problem with your ln?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html