This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: hang on exit in dig.exe
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:25:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: hang on exit in dig.exe
- References: <4398EB8C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
David Arnstein wrote:
> I obtained the official bind (DNS) distribution bind-9.3.1.tar.gz. All I
> really want from this distribution is a few utility commands, in
> particular, "dig."
There are native win32 binaries for bind on isc.org that work fine with
Cygwin, if you just want it to work.
(I don't know why you're seeing this hang.)
> BUT, when I execute
> strace dig www.microsoft.com > strace.log
> I get the hang condition again. Weird!
You should use "-o strace.log" instead of redirection.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html