Re: Hang with 20051205 snapshot while building OOo

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
I'm convinced that the hang is coming from timeGetTime.  That's a
Windows routine and there's not much I can do if a windows routine
decides to take a long time to return.

So, in other words, I'm admitting defeat in this case, especially since
this isn't a regression from 1.5.18.

This is likely to enable a fix or workaround in cygwin, but is it possible that this is restricted to certain brands, models, or revisions of processor? Am I correct in remembering that it happens only on some machines, Volker?

Actualy two, but with identical hardware. Btw. both are using M$ Terminal Service sessions. My gut feeling is that that might be the culprit.

Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D