This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mingw path/mount handling code (Was: Re: Practical method for automatic Cygwin install?)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:36:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: mingw path/mount handling code (Was: Re: Practical method for automatic Cygwin install?)
- References: <20051123035342.9E89913C1A1@cgf.cx> <20051123192106.GA757@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <4384DF7D.142487C5@dessent.net> <20051123213551.GA2952@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <4399A748.CA4107C7@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 9 07:48, Brian Dessent wrote:
> The way I see it, in a perfect world, this library would be BSD/MIT
> licensed, or at the very least LGPL, so that "foreign" programs by 3PPs
> could use it unencumbered, so that they can function better with Cygwin.
> However, winsup/utils/path.cc is under the Cygwin license. I don't
> suppose there is any chance of getting Redhet to relicense parts of the
> utils directory?
It's in the loop, sort of. I'm working on getting the utils directory
relicensed for about 18 months now. Progress is somewhat slow, though...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html