This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Before Firewall
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Alexandre Pereira - Tracker Solutions <alexandre dot pereira at tracker dot ind dot br>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:54:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Before Firewall
- References: <EDB20220BD776C438048AEAA3A68D1AF065B2E@servidor2000.tracker.local>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Alexandre Pereira - Tracker Solutions wrote:
I'm before a firewall and I can access the internet .
In The Windows I configured the proxy address , the port (3128) , my
login and password . I can access without problems .
But I dont know how I must configure the Cygwin for access the
internet too .
I used to use the Slackware in my home . I'm trying to use the
Cygwin in the firm but I dont know it , yet .
Can something help me ?
You'd be better off stating the problem that you're having directly than
hinting at it. I can say that if you've set up a proxy on Windows for the
likes of IE, then you will likely want to use the IE settings option in
'setup.exe' (available at www.cygwin.com) to install all the Cygwin
packages you want. Beyond that, you may need to configure certain apps
that require Internet access similarly. You can see the documentation
(man, info, /usr/share/doc[/Cygwin]) of specific apps you're interested
in to learn how to set them up. Overall, it should be no different than
setting them up with Slackware in the same network environment.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html