RE: System Tray

There are a few libraries (actually example code, it's not terribly hard -
just hard to do right) to do this, yes.  But I don't quite understand your
question.  It sounds like you want to do something like:

put-an-alert-in-the-system-tray.exe --alert-type=stopsign
--tooltip-text="Emergency!"

Is that right?  I'm kind of missing the point though - what happens if you
click it?  Maybe a "--run-this-app-when-clicked=" param would make something
like this actually useful....

I'll have to cogitate on that one, that might actually be a good idea.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle