This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.5.18-1 + Perl + open-pipe + native executable
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:23:32 -0800
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.5.18-1 + Perl + open-pipe + native executable
- References: <BAY107-F278A9E08481D294E5F5DA8BA390@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
PPC Hacker wrote:
> If $prog is a native windows executable and a shell isn't required (i.e.,
> Perl does a direct fork/exec), the open hangs.
> Attached is a small test case (tar/gzip) showing the problem. "sh run"
> shows the problem.
Your test case works fine with the current CVS build of Cygwin, so
whatever was causing this has probably already been fixed.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html