This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.5.18-1 + Perl + open-pipe + native executable
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:25:03 -0600
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.5.18-1 + Perl + open-pipe + native executable
- Openpgp: url=ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
- References: <BAY107-F278A9E08481D294E5F5DA8BA390@phx.gbl>
PPC Hacker wrote:
> If $prog is a native windows executable and a shell isn't required
> (i.e., Perl does a direct fork/exec), the open hangs.
The open doesn't hang, it's the windows executable that keeps waiting for input
on the pipe... and the pipe is not connected.
The reason and some explanation is on the User guide:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html