This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Where is patch?
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:48:57 -0600
- Subject: Re: Where is patch?
- Openpgp: url=ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
- References: <43A064AD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Lennart Borgman wrote:
> I am having trouble with patch. My Cygwin patch (and my GnuWin32 patch)
> says it is version 2.5.9. But where is the sources for this? I looked at
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/patch and they only have version 2.5.4. How can
> that be?
The latest GNU patch version compiles out of the box and it works better than
the one distributed with Cygwin. By "works better" I mean that Cygwin's patch
sometimes fail when GNU patch works perfect.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html