This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Where is patch?
- From: "Richard Campbell" <richard dot campbell at air2web dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, "Emacs Devel" <emacs-devel at gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:47:57 -0500
- Subject: RE: Where is patch?
> *** For Emacs: I would like the default on MS Windows to be CR-LF line endings. That would in my opinion be less surpricing for an MS Windows user.
1. My opinion is that \n line endings on Cygwin (a Unix-ish environment) are less surprising.
2. Cygwin already has a feature for determining line endings for files opened in text mode, and a corresponding install setting for the default (dos versus unix). If you wanted a default CR-LF ending out of Emacs, you could get it that way.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html