This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed errors post-11-30 snapshot
- From: "Van Sickle, Gary" <gary dot van dot sickle at medtronic dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:07:58 -0600
- Subject: Re: recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed errors post-11-30 snapshot
> From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> On Dec 14 15:00, Van Sickle, Gary wrote:
> > OK, lessee what I missed:
> The error message content. When fixup_mmaps_after_fork fails, there's
> a message in your window which gives at least some details for a
$ tar --help
C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe (3360): *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
The number in parens changes with every attempted invocation of any
program, everything else stays the same.
> And why didn't you try strace?
- I didn't think of it.
- There is no mention of a requirement to do so before reporting a
potential issue on http://cygwin.com/problems.html.
- I'm at work, where I'm paid to do things other than debug Cygwin
- I thought an straceless bug report was better than no bug report at
> This would give a lot more details which
> might help to track this down, practically everything with the words
> "mmap" in it would be helpful.
$ strace tar --help
C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe (3476): *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
From a cmd.exe prompt:
H:\>strace bash | grep mmap
150 33277 [main] bash 2992 mmap64: addr 0, len 1376256, prot 3,
flags 22, fd
-1, off 0
495 33772 [main] bash 2992 mmap64: 0x189F0000 = mmap()
bash-3.00$ tar --help
43 25299558 [main] bash 3556 fixup_mmaps_after_fork: fd -1, h 0x1,
189F0000, len 0x150000, prot: 0x3, flags: 0x22, offset 0
3219 25302777 [main] bash 3556 fixup_mmaps_after_fork: succeeded
> Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin
> Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat
Gary R. Van Sickle
Medtronic MRI DI/PE Team
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html