This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Where is patch?
- From: Lennart Borgman <lennart dot borgman dot 073 at student dot lu dot se>
- To: Dave Korn <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:16:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: Where is patch?
- References: <SERRANO1RXRRbBtupMs00000045@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
Dave Korn wrote:
1) You didn't say if you've run "make install" yet though, you should do thatI tried a just to copy patch.exe. Then I saw this that I just wish I did
not. Here is a copy and paste from my screen output (a bit truncated):
rather than attempting to manually copy all the files to their correct
>>>>>> from my screen >>>>>>>>>
/cygdrive/d/dl/gnu/patch-2.5.9 > ./patch.exe --version
/cygdrive/d/dl/gnu/patch-2.5.9 > cp patch.exe /usr/local/bin/
/cygdrive/d/dl/gnu/patch-2.5.9 > /usr/local/bin/patch.exe --version
/cygdrive/d/dl/gnu/patch-2.5.9 > cd ..
/cygdrive/d/dl/gnu > which patch
/cygdrive/d/dl/gnu > patch --version
/cygdrive/d/dl/gnu > patch.exe --version
After a while it reported 2.5.9. I am not sure about the reason. I
started another copy of Cygwin in another window. I also changed PATH,
but I am not sure in which order now.
I am starting Cygwin in a cmd.ex console window.
Is this behaviour known? Should it be like this? Or is there perhaps
something wrong with my pc?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html