This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: newbie question chdir
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 23:46:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: newbie question chdir
- References: <43A634AD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 02:48:53PM +1030, Luke Vanderfluit wrote:
>I've installed cygwin in c:\foo\bar\.
>Now when I open a shell, I can't cd back to C:\
>Is there a way to or do I have to install everything in the root
Cygwin emulates linux so you shouldn't be using MS-DOS path names. If
you want to cd to the root drive of c: use "cd /cygdrive/c".
I am getting the feeling that you need a concentrated session of
documentation reading. Please go back to the cygwin web site and click
on the "Documentation" link on the left hand side of the window. Basic
questions like this should be amply covered there.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html