This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: .bashrc question
- From: Jim Roberts <jimmyroberts at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:54:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: .bashrc question
- References: <43A790C4.email@example.com>
On 12/20/05, Luke Vanderfluit <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I have been trying to get an alias to work.
> I start my bash shell from cygwin.bat with the following command:
> bash --login -i -c 'rxvt -geometry 80x29 -sb -sl 10000 -bg Black -fg
> green -bd LightSeaGreen -fn Courier -font 7x15'
Try launching rxvt like this:
C:\Cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -geometry 80x29 -sb -sl 10000 -bg Black -fg
green -bd LightSeaGreen -fn Courier -font 7x15 -e /usr/bin/bash
> Then I set an alias.
> I've tried ~/.bashrc ~/.profile ~/.bash_profile /etc/profile,
> but can't get the alias to 'take'.
It's fine in ~/.bashrc
> Thanks for any help.
> Kind regards.