This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim under cygwin
- From: Jim Easton <jim at cs dot ualberta dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Jim Easton <jim at cs dot ualberta dot ca>, lvanderf at internode dot com dot au
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 01:00:02 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: vim under cygwin
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Luke Vanderfluit wrote:
> I'm a vi user :-)
> I recently started using cygwin, so forgive me if this is an obvious one.
> I want to use vi under cygwin but I'm having trouble with terminal settings.
> apparently these are the possible term settings.
> However, none of these work right.
> Can someone advise me on the term settings for windows XP/cygwin or
> point me to an appropriate resource.
For what it's worth I set the term type to vt100 and have had
no problems with vi/vim.
In my .Xresources file I have the line,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html