This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setting cygwin permissions from Windows programs
- From: Holger Krull <holger dot krull at gmx dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:58:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setting cygwin permissions from Windows programs
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Steve Holden schrieb:
Is there any way to set permissions on the output files from the Windows
side that will result in predictable permissions when the output tree is
viewed from Cygwin?
A Python recipe would be useful, but I'll take what I can get!
Cygwin doesn't have an own management of permissions. So any program that modifies permission in Windows will be able to change permissions for cygwin files.
cacls and xcacls are command line tools from windows. Don't know how this would be usually done in python.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html