Re: .bash_profile not being invoked

Farhad Tahmasebi wrote:
I have installed cygwin previously without any problems. After my installation yesterday, .bsh_profile does not get invoked when I run cygwin.bat . My mount and HOME are OK because cygwin.bat takes me to my home directory, but it does not go through .bash_profile in my home directory. I also copied .bash_profile to .profile and .bash_login (its synonyms) in my home directory without any success.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please start here:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Following these guidelines will provide folks on this list interested in helping you track down your problem with the basic info needed to avoid playing "20 questions" about your configuration. It will also provide the details about what you're doing and how so that much of the guesswork as to the problem will be eliminated.

Holliston, MA 01746