This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with login command
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:28:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem with login command
- References: <BAY101-F19DCC43643269A53D80584CA300@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 21 22:23, Mike Dieter wrote:
> I think that the login command might be overwriteing fields in the
> wtmp and utmp files.
> Now that we are using a longer word in the line filed of console I
> noticed that the last
> two letters le were showing up in the id field that follows it.
Your space key bounces.
The two letters "le" show up by design. Have a look into
/usr/include/sys/utmp.h and /usr/include/cygwin/utmp.h for the layout of
the utmp structure. The ut_id field is generated by some arbitrary
algorithm, in case of login(1) it's the abbreviated tty name.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html