This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How to really really "remove all mounts"
- From: "fergus" <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:45:52 -0000
- Subject: How to really really "remove all mounts"
- Reply-to: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
I find that the command
$ umount -A
intended to "remove all mounts" (see man) actually leaves straggling
$ mount -m
mount -s -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/cygdrive"
$ mount -p
Prefix Type Flags
/cygdrive system binmode
and to make certain of getting what I want (all mounts removed) I
$ umount -uc ; umount -uA ; umount -sc ; umount -sA
Is the current behaviour of "umount -A" as intended, or, if not, please
could it be tweaked to be really really equivalent to the last command line
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html