This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ls -l output / rights problem
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:58:01 -0800
- Subject: Re: ls -l output / rights problem
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> 1. What means "+" in the first column of "ls -l" ?
It means there are additional ACL privileges that cannot be represented
in the unix "rwx" format. Use getfacl, cacls, xcacls, "file -
properties" in explorer, etc. to view them.
> 2. Secondly, if I do "chmod a+x *.ttf", all works. Why ?
Windows requires the execute permission on font files.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html