This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help:Can not edit crontab becuase of vi not found
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:05:53 -0800
- Subject: Re: Help:Can not edit crontab becuase of vi not found
- References: <BAY105-F27F35BD933E864A9FDB2DBE9290@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
lin q wrote:
> I wonder what the problem is, I can start vi by running, /usr/bin/vi.
What does "ls -l /usr/bin/vi" report? And your cygcheck output would
have been helpful.
> I also tried "export EDITRO=/usr/bin/vi" and "export EDITOR=/usr/bin/vim",
> neither one works.
I think it uses VISUAL. Check the manpage of crontab.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html