This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin1.dll problems for total newbies
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:19:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin1.dll problems for total newbies
- References: <000601c60e10$75228520$02e3a850@ado>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 31 13:45, adrian godfrey wrote:
> Downloaded it twice because I thought it was a download problem.
> Running a .exe threw up a cygwin1.dll not found error
> I fixed the cygwin1.dll error by copying it into the windows\system32
That's not a fix, it's a bold hack. Don't do this. Never. Instead,
make sure Cygwin's /bin directory is in $PATH.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html