Re: Start sshd server on reinstallation

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> > Please consider in the future using the procedure outlined at
> > <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.uninstall-all> to
> > uninstall Cygwin.  The first step listed there would have solved your
> > problem, and there is no need to go editing the registry when "umount
> > -A" exists.
>
> Thanks to Brian and Yitzchak. I did not know I am supposed to remove the
> service. I just stopped it, and I tried to find how to uninstall it. In
> the end I totally forgot about this aspect.

Cygwin services store the Win32 paths to the executables -- thus, moving
Cygwin to another drive requires a reinstall of each service.

> I did not know about cygrunsrv -U sshd

Neither did we.  It's a typo.

> The FAQ Brian suggested at
> http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.uninstall-all listed
> cygrunsrv -R which I unsuccessfully tried.

In what way was it unsuccessful?

FWIW, something like the below should work to remove all services:

	cygrunsrv -L | xargs -rn1 cygrunsrv -E
	cygrunsrv -L | xargs -rn1 cygrunsrv -R

> To someone facing this problem I deleted the registry entry at
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSetxxx\Services\sshd+

It's not a good idea (at all) to mess with the registry if equivalent
Cygwin tools exist.

> Then I ran the ssh-host-config and started the server by net start sshd.
> Luckly everything works now.

Good.
	Igor
--