Re: Installing cygwin by manually copying c:\cygwin to another machine

> My question is:  what are the settings required by cygwin to operate
> normally?   (  i guess it needs some environment variables and/or
> registry settings ).

Is it just the mount points that are the issue?  The path?  The desktop
icon?  It is possible to run setup against such an 'installation' to
update it?

On a related note, it is possible to 'prime' setup with additional
packages to select by default.  That is whenever I install cygwin, there
are about 1/2 dozen packages I always manually select, it would be
helpful to have an automated way to doing this.

Brett