Re: Re - [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.19-2

On Jan 17 12:18, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> >> Usally I use snapshots. The last was 20060112 20:32:44.
> >>
> >> Now should I install just Cygwin 1.5.19-2 or should I force also the
> >> reinstall of mingw-runtime and w32api packages (those in the official
> >> cygwin distribution)?
> >
> > I really thought my text was clear:
> >
> > If you have installed the mingw-runtime and w32api packages, and
> > if you already installed 1.5.19-1, then you should update to 1.5.19-2
>
> I want to say that, using the snapshots, the mingw-runtime and w32api
> packages currently installed are those of the snap.

I see.  Well, the mingw-runtime and w32api parts of the Cygwin snapshots
are just those which happen to be part of the Cygwin sources to get
Cygwin built.  These are not the official sources used for creating the
mingw-runtime and w32api packages, but mere copies of the official
sources, which are kept up to date by the friendly volunteers of the
mingw developer community.

The differences between the files in the Cygwin sources and the official
packages aren't very big usually, though.  You should be ok with just
waiting until new mingw-runtime and w32api packages are uploaded.

But then again, if you want to be *sure* to use the official versions
of the mingw-runtime and w32api packages, then yes, you should force a
reinstall as I described.

Corinna

Red Hat