Re: Cygwin Bash window disappear?!

I too have this problem, using win XP patch level 2. Try invoking sh, see if you can get a stable shell then. ls wont work (if your in the same boad i am) but `echo *` will have about the same effect....

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Daniel mark wrote:

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:04:29 +0000 (UTC)
From: Daniel mark <danielmarkhot@hotmail.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Cygwin Bash window disappear?!

Hello all:

I met a very strange problem as follows:

After I finish installing the latest version of cygwin on my computer, I try to
run C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat. The only thing I got is a black window splash for a
second and then immediately disappear.

I have fully installed all cygwin package and test all package without problem
by using the package test tool provided by cygwin.

I have tried to install it for 3 times!! still the same problem

My machine is using AMD chip with XP professional

Thank you -Daniel

Microsoft: Where do you want to go tomorrow? Linux: Where do you want to go today? BSD: Are you guys coming, or what?

Robin-David Hammond KB3IEN www.aresnyc.org.