RE: 1.5.19-4 and gnu make 3.80-1 causes popup console windows from child make processes

On 28 February 2006 19:54, Paul Hepworth wrote:

> I upgraded to 1.5.19-4 yesterday and now notice the following new,
> undesirable behavior: empty console windows for child make processes.
>
> I use the FTE editor and run make from it, the make output being
> displayed inside an FTE window. Before upgrading to 1.5.19-4, no console
> windows popped up, even when make called child $(MAKE) (which in turn
> call child $(MAKE) and so forth).
>
> Now, I get a pop-up console window for make and each child make. The
> output from all of these still goes to FTE, but the empty popup console
> windows take focus and are annoying.
> This doesn't occur with other external programs launched by FTE, just make.

  Hmm, I wonder if this is what's been making some of my windows start
randomly popping to the front while I'm running a big complex build from bash
in a minimized DOS console involving multiple instances of processes launched
from bash and cmd.exe shells?

> Does anyone know how to resolve this annoyance?

  Nope, but I'll perhaps try and figure one out when I get a spare moment.

    cheers,
      DaveK