RE: OpenSSH for Non Administrators

<snip>
> Can cygwin ssh be used with VNC to open a VNC session on a remote
> server? I have successfully open a session using plain "RealVNC"
> server on the windows server (from red hat 8) and would like to do it
> securely with ssh.

Yes, I do this daily, using OpenSSH on CygWin at either/both ends.

You can configure RealVNC to only accept connections from the local
system, which means you would use port forwarding to access port 5900 so
that from RealVNC's point of view, it is accepting a local connection.

Set up of ssh is via the script /usr/bin/ssh-host-config.

<snip>

Brett