Improper snapshot install [was 'missing isnand']

I figured out my problem.  Instead of installing the snapshot using the
procedure documented here:
    http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC21
(which I apologize for not knowing about), I installed it by untarring
the snapshot and then copying the usr and etc dirs to C:\cygwin using
Explorer.  Since Explorer doesn't know about the /usr/bin and /usr/lib
mount points, it created bin and lib dirs under usr and put files in
them.  Back under Cygwin, the mounts then 'masked' the new files.  Once
I fixed everything up, all is well.

To perhaps save some other poor soul from committing the same blunder I
did, I humbly offer the suggestion to add the following to the
snapshots page:

Install snapshots using the procedure documented <a
href=http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC21";>here</a>.

My deepest apologies to those I inconvenienced with this matter.