Using uw-imapd over secure 995 with cygwin -- Cant seem to get it working

Briefly Im trying to use cygwin's uw-imapd port to attempt to establish
an imap connection over port 995 and 993.  I have successfully run the
daemon over the non-secure port.

Ive created the necessary .key and .pem files and placed them in
etc/ssl/certs.  First of all Im not sure if this is the proper location
for these certificates.

Second I tried starting the uw-imapd over the secure ports via the inetd
by placing the following lines in the inetd.conf file:
pop3s  stream  tcp  nowait  root   /usr/sbin/uw-ipop3d
imaps  stream  tcp  nowait  root   /usr/sbin/uw-imapd

Non secure ports are enabled via
imap  stream  tcp  nowait  root   /usr/sbin/uw-imapd
pop3  stream  tcp  nowait  root   /usr/sbin/uw-ipop3d

After restarting the inetd, and performing a netstat -a, I see the
machine is not listening on port 995 or port 993, however ports 143 and
110 are open and listening.

I must be missing something.  Any help would be appreciated.